How to perfectly cook hard boiled eggs.
Really??? Hard Boiled Eggs??? Do I really need to write a recipe for hard boiled eggs? Why yes, yes I do! If you've ever had a fresh egg, and I mean a really fresh egg....like straight from the chicken fresh, then you will know why I need recipe on how to make hard boiled eggs.
Fresh eggs are wonderful for so many reasons, but when it comes to boiling them, I could be tempted to buy (gasp) them from the store! The problem is, they don't peel easily. In fact, they hardly peel at all unless you want just a wee bit of white and all the yolk for your hard boiled eggs.
Put cold eggs into a pot and fill with cold water. Turn the heat on high and bring to a boil. As soon as a boil is obtained, set the timer for 10 minutes.
Recipes that use Hard Boiled Eggs:
Hard Boiled Eggs
- 6 eggs
- Place cold eggs in a pot. Cover with cold water.
- Place on high heat and bring to a boil.
- When water boils, set timer for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove pot from stove and pour off water. Run cold water over eggs. Pour off water and fill with cold water again.
- Add ice to pot and let eggs sit in ice water for 10-15 minutes.
- Peel and use or store in refrigerator.