This cinnamon swirl bread is perfect toasted for breakfast or used in French Toast. This classic cinnamon bread is rolled with a sweet cinnamon filling.
When I was in 7th grade (way back when...) I was so excited to take home economics. I could hardly wait to learn all sorts of new cooking techniques.
My love for cooking was evident even back then and I loved reading cookbooks and planning dinners. Hopefully my skills have improved since then, but I thought I was quite the chef!
My poor family had to suffer through all my creations and mistakes that I'm certain I made. Every time I make cinnamon swirl bread, I am transported back to my middle school cooking class.
I didn't learn how to make cinnamon swirl bread in that class. Nope. Nothing even close. Much to my disappointment we learned how to measure liquids properly and how to sift and measure flour.
We also learned how to make cinnamon toast in the oven! I remember thinking, Really! We are buttering bread and sprinkling it with cinnamon and sugar and popping it in the oven. Who doesn't know how to do that? I was quite perplexed, but I suffered through those basic techniques.
Now anytime I make any kind of bread with cinnamon, I always think about that funny class. I'm certain I had to finish out the semester and probably even the year, but did I sign up for Home Economics II? NOPE....I went straight into wood and metal shop!
There I learned how to use all sorts of fancy tools and made a shadow box, a plant stand, and a dust pan. Truly useful items! That class was amazing until my hair got caught in the fan on the belt sander. But that's a story for another day!
Making this dough is easy. It's a lot like making cinnamon rolls, but instead of cutting the dough, you plop it into a bread pan.
If you love to make bread, you might want to check out these other bread recipes:
Don't forget to PIN for later!
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment below and snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @beyondthechickencoop
Check out all my homemade bread recipes!
Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- ¼ cup butter (melted)
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup sugar
- Pour milk, yeast and sugar in a bowl of a stand mixer.
- Let stand for 5 minutes until yeast is bubbly.
- Add butter, eggs, salt and 2 cups of flour. Mix
- Continue adding flour one cup at a time until a soft dough is formed. You might not need all the flour.
- Knead with mixer for 5 minutes.
- Place in greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap sprayed lightly with non stick spray or a clean, dry dish towel.
- Let rise until doubled - 1 - 1 ½ hours
- Punch down dough and divide in half.
- Roll out one half at a time. Roll each into a rectangular shape about 8 inches X 12 inches long.
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and sugar.
- Cover rolled dough with melted butter and half cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Roll dough into a log, pinch seams together.
- Place in a greased bread pan.
- Cover and let rise for 30-45 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated 375 F. oven for 35 minutes.
- Let cool on a rack for 5 minutes. Remove bread from pan.
- Continue cooling on rack before slicing.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and should only be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. To obtain the most precise nutritional information in a provided recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the exact ingredients you are using when preparing the recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.