Fresh or frozen raspberries can be used in this delicious Raspberry Almond Coffee Cake. This moist coffee cake is perfect for brunch or dessert.
Are you ready for Mother's Day? Have you planned something special? Are you still looking for something to make for breakfast, brunch or perhaps a dessert? Then this Raspberry Almond Coffee Cake is just what you are looking for!
Don't you just love it when a recipe can be used for breakfast or dessert? Coffee cakes are like that. It's totally okay to have this for breakfast! Just think how happy your mom would be - and you too!
Fresh or frozen raspberries?
I used frozen raspberries in this cake, but fresh would be amazing too. To use fresh berries, reduce cooking time by 5 minutes and check cake to see if it is done.
The whole cake is topped with a crumb topping made with almonds, cinnamon and brown sugar.
Why is it called a coffee cake?
Just about any cake can be called a coffee cake. Traditionally they are a cake with a streusel topping. Coffee cake does not contain any coffee, but it is perfect eaten alongside a cup of coffee! If you love coffee cakes, check out this Blueberry Banana Coffee Cake.
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment below and snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @beyondthechickencoop
Check out all my delicious baking recipes!
Raspberry Almond Coffee Cake
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl combine eggs, vanilla, butter and milk.
- Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients.
- Gently fold in raspberries.
- Pour cake mixture into a greased 8 x 8 inch pan.
- In a bowl combine almonds, cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Spread crumb topping evenly over cake batter.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 55-60 minutes.