Fresh or frozen raspberries can be used in this delicious Raspberry Almond Coffee Cake. This moist coffee cake is perfect for brunch or dessert.
Are you ready for Mother's Day? Have you planned something special? Are you still looking for something to make for breakfast, brunch or perhaps a dessert? Then this Raspberry Almond Coffee Cake is just what you are looking for!
Don't you just love it when a recipe can be used for breakfast or dessert? Coffee cakes are like that. It's totally okay to have this for breakfast! Just think how happy your mom would be - and you too!
Fresh or frozen raspberries?
I used frozen raspberries in this cake, but fresh would be amazing too. To use fresh berries, reduce cooking time by 5 minutes and check cake to see if it is done.
The whole cake is topped with a crumb topping made with almonds, cinnamon and brown sugar.
More recipes with raspberries
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment below and snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @beyondthechickencoop
Check out all my delicious baking recipes!
Raspberry Almond Coffee Cake
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.2 cups flour, ¾ cup sugar, 1 teaspoon baking powder, ½ teaspoon baking soda, ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon salt
- In another bowl combine eggs, vanilla, butter and milk.2 eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla, ⅓ cup salted butter, ½ cup milk
- Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients.
- Gently fold in raspberries.2 cups raspberries
- Pour cake mixture into a greased 8 x 8 inch pan.
- In a bowl combine almonds, cinnamon and brown sugar.⅓ cup sliced almonds, ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, ⅓ cup brown sugar
- Spread crumb topping evenly over cake batter.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 55-60 minutes.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and should only be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. To obtain the most precise nutritional information in a provided recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the exact ingredients you are using when preparing the recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.