Making homemade breakfast sausage is easy and delicious with this apple pork breakfast sausage.
Breakfast is definitely my favorite meal of the day. I love mornings and love to start out the day with a great cup of coffee and a wonderful breakfast. This Apple Pork Breakfast Sausage makes breakfast even more amazing!
Are there really apples in this sausage?
There are little bits of apple in every bite. The apple adds a sweet taste that goes perfectly with the pork and sage.
Making your own breakfast sausage isn't hard. You can grind your own pork or purchase ground pork from your butcher. It's best to mix this ahead of time and let all the flavors blend together. If I can, I mix it the night before. In the morning, I shape it into patties and cook.
This Apple Pork Breakfast Sausage recipe can easily be doubled to feed your hungry guests. In addition to this sausage recipe, I also another Breakfast Sausage without apples.
If you are looking for other ways to preserve your pork, try our Homemade Bacon!
Other great breakfast recipes:
Don't forget to PIN for later!
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment below and snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @beyondthechickencoop
If you loved this recipe you'll LOVE all the others in this category. Check out all my breakfast recipes here!
Apple Pork Breakfast Sausage
- Put ½ cup apple cider and diced apples in a saute pan. Cook over medium heat until cider has been reduced and apples are soft.
- Mash the apples with the back of a spoon. Leave a few chunks of apples.
- Remove from pan and allow apple mixture to cool.
- In a bowl, add ground pork, salt, garlic powder, pepper, sage, red pepper flakes and maple syrup along with apple mixture.
- Mix all ingredients together with your hands. Add remaining apple cider and mix again.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Form into patties and cook over medium-low heat until cooked through. Keep an eye on the patties so they don't burn. The apple cider and syrup can burn quickly if not watched.