A quick and easy lunch or dinner made with smoked sausage, cheese and tortillas.
Simple and Savory Smoked Sausage Quesadilla was sponsored by Eckrich Smoked Sausage, but the recipe and opinions are entirely my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Beyond the Chicken Coop
We are in full summer mode and it seems busier than ever. I always tend to think we will have lots of time during summer vacation, and we do, but we tend to fill up every moment of everyday! The days and nights seem so busy.
Summertime meals can sometimes be difficult to pull together when we are so busy. It’s hard to find time to put on a feast for my family. That’s why I love Simple and Savory Smoked Sausage Quesadilla made with Eckrich Jalapeno & Cheddar Smoked Sausage. They are perfect for a quick lunch or dinner that skimps on time, but not on flavor.
Eckrich Smoked Sausage is naturally hardwood smoked and includes a perfect blend of spices for a wonderful taste. Eckrich offers a wide variety of flavors available in the Deli section of your local grocery store, making their Smoked Sausages the perfect go-to ingredient for any meal occasion.
I try to keep easy to use foods on hand to make pulling meals together a breeze. Some items I stock my pantry and fridge with during the summer include:
- Eckrich Smoked Sausage
- Fresh veggies that I cut up when I get home from the store – carrots, celery, radishes, sugar snap peas, and cucumbers
- Fresh fruit – peaches, plums, apples, grapes, strawberries, blueberries and watermelon
- Salad mixes
On those days when we get home late and need a quick lunch or dinner, I am able to pull together something satisfying lickity split! These Sausage Quesadillas can make it on the table in under 15 minutes!
For these quesadillas all you need to do is slice up the Eckrich Jalapeno & Cheddar Smoked Sausage, grate the cheese, butter the tortillas, assemble and cook until the sausages are hot and the cheese is melted. Add fresh cut veggies or a quick salad and you’ve got a meal!
For these quesadillas, I used Monterey Jack cheese, but you can use your favorite type of cheese or whatever you have on hand. These would be equally as delicious with cheddar cheese, or pepper jack cheese.
Don’t let the jalapenos in the Eckrich Jalapeno & Cheddar Smoked Sausage scare you. They add just the right amount of heat and aren’t overly spicy. My three teenage kids thought these sausages were absolutely delicious and they loved them in the quesadillas. They enjoyed the quesadillas hot and melty, but they also thought the leftovers we had were delicious the next day eaten straight out of the refrigerator.
One quick tip: Using a pizza cutter makes cutting quesadillas into wedges a breeze.
Simple and Savory Smoked Sausage Quesadilla
- 6 Eckrich Jalapeno & Cheddar Smoked Sausages
- 12 flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups Monterey Jack Cheese (shredded)
- 1/4 cup butter (softened)
- Slice sausages into pieces.
- Butter one side of tortillas.
- Place one tortilla with butter side down. Place 1/4 cup of shredded cheese on top. Place sliced sausages on top of cheese. Place an additional tortilla on top with butter side facing up.
- Place on a preheated skillet on medium heat. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side, flipping entire quesadilla over when the bottom has become golden.
- Remove from pan when both tortillas are golden brown and the cheese is completely melted and sausages are hot.
- Slice into wedges and enjoy!
Don’t forget to PIN this recipe for later!
Simple and Savory Smoked Sausage Quesadilla is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Eckrich Smoked Sausage.