Zucchini Cheddar Pancakes
A savory zucchini pancake
Servings: 8 people
- 2 whole medium zucchini grated
- 1 teaspoon salt for sprinkling on grated zucchini
- ½ cup flour
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 2 whole eggs lightly beaten,
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
Place grated zucchini in a colander. Sprinkle with salt and let sit for 10 minutes allowing excess moisture to drain off zucchini.
Squeeze zucchini and place in a clean, dry towel. Squeeze off all excess moisture. Place zucchini in a mixing bowl.
Sprinkle flour over zucchini and toss to coat.
Mix in cheese.
Add eggs and mix until incorporated.
Mix in salt and pepper.
Place heaping scoops of mixture onto a hot, greased skillet. Flatten out scoop to make a flat pancake.
Cook for approximately 3 minutes per side.
Serve with cilantro lime crema or maple syrup!
- 2 medium zucchini is approximately 2 cups of shredded zucchini.
- To make the crema, take ¼ cup sour cream and mix in juice from ½ lime ( 1 Tablespoon) , zest from ½ lime ( 1 teaspoon) and a tablespoon of chopped cilantro.
Calories: 85kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 411mg | Potassium: 22mg | Vitamin A: 140IU | Calcium: 102mg | Iron: 0.5mg