Mexican Cheese Dip
Creamy cheese dip perfect for dipping or on nachos.
Servings: 12 people
- 1 4 oz can chopped green chilies
- 3 whole chipotle peppers in adobo sauce finely chopped
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 8 oz cream cheese cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 oz pepper jack cheese shredded
- 4 oz cheddar cheese shredded
In a sauce pan combine chilies, chipotles and flour. Heat over low heat for 2-3 minutes.
Slowly whisk in milk. Increase heat to medium. Heat until mixture begins to thicken. Stir often to avoid scorching.
Slowly stir in cream cheese.
Stir in pepper jack and cheddar cheeses.
Continue stirring until cheese is completely melted.
Can be kept warm on low setting of a slow cooker.
Calories: 169kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 188mg | Potassium: 89mg | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 490IU | Calcium: 197mg | Iron: 0.3mg