Cranberry Jalapeno Bites
Tart and spicy appetizer with cranberries and jalapenos
Servings: 35 Appetizer Bites
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ cup cranberries sliced
- ½ jalapeno seeded and finely diced
Roll puff pastry slightly.
Cut pastry into two inch squares.
Place each square into a mini muffin tin. Push dough down so it lines the tin.
Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 10 minutes.
Remove from oven. Poke down center of each pastry cup so the dough deflates. Return to oven for an additional 5 minutes.
While pastry is baking, place cream cheese in a bowl. Mix until smooth. Stir in cranberries and jalapenos.
Remove pastry cups from the oven. Place 1-2 teaspoons of filling in each cup.
Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees. Bake filled cups for 15 minutes.
Let cool for at least 10 minutes before removing from muffin tin.
Serve warm or at room temperature.
- For spicier bites, add a whole jalapeno
- For milder bites, add just a bit of the jalapeno
- Use fresh cranberries. Sliced adds a nice presentation, but you could chop them too.
- Serve while still warm or at room temperature
- These are best eaten the same day they are made
Serving: 1Piece | Calories: 50kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 28mg | Potassium: 10mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 46IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 4mg | Iron: 1mg