Baked Ham and Cheese Sandwiches
Hot cheesy baked ham sandwiches.
Servings: 8 people
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1 pound sliced ham
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 8 hamburger buns
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Melt butter in a saucepan with onions and both mustards, Simmer over low heat for 3-5 minutes.
To assemble sandwiches, spread butter mixture on the inside of the buns.
Place ham and then cheese on bun.
Add top of bun and brush lightly with butter.
Place each sandwich on a piece of foil and wrap closed.
Place wrapped sandwiches on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
Variations and substitutions
- Use sliced ham or sliced turkey
- Pick your favorite type of cheese - Swiss, pepper jack, cheddar, colby
- Add a pinch of horseradish to the butter mixture
- Use a hoagie roll instead of a hamburger bun
How to Freeze
- Make and bake the sandwiches as directed
- Let the sandwiches cool
- Place the foil wrapped sandwiches in a freezer bag
- Place the bag in the freezer
- When you are ready to eat, remove desired amount from freezer
- They are best eaten reheated, but they are great cold too.
Serving: 1Sandwich | Calories: 427kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 1026mg | Potassium: 240mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 496IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 218mg | Iron: 2mg