Servings: 12 people
- 3 large avocados
- 1/2 cup tomato diced
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1/2 lime juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
Cut avocado in half and scoop out meat into a bowl. Mash lightly with a fork.
Add onion and tomato.
Squeeze lime juice over mixture.
Stir lightly, just until incorporated.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve or wrap with plastic and refrigerate.
Tips for making great guacamole
To freeze guacamole, place in a freezer safe container. Place plastic wrap directly on guacamole and press down lightly. Place lid on container. When ready to use, allow enough time to defrost before using. If a brownish liquid has formed, just pour off. Stir before serving.
- Make certain avocados are ripe
- Cut tomato in half and scrape out seeds and watery pulp. This helps make certain the guacamole doesn't become too watery.
- Cut tomatoes and onions in a small diced size
- Use only fresh squeezed lime juice for the best taste
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- If making ahead of time, cover with plastic wrap making certain plastic wrap is directly on the surface of the guacamole. Stir before serving.
Serving: 0.25cup | Calories: 84kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 268mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 125IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 1mg