Cranberry Sweet Rolls
A delicious cinnamon roll filled with fresh cranberries and orange zest.
Servings: 18 rolls
- 1 cup milk warmed
- 2 1/4 teaspoons yeast or 1 packet of yeast
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon orange peel finely grated
- 5 1/2 cups flour
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 Tablespoon orange peel zest
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons orange juice
In a large mixing bowl add milk, yeast and sugar. Let sit 5-10 minutes until yeast is bubbly.
Add eggs, butter, salt, orange zest and 2 cups of flour. Mix
With mixer running, continue adding flour 1 cup at a time. You might not need all the flour.
Knead for 10 minutes.
Place in a well greased bowl and cover.Let stand until doubled, 60-90 minutes.Punch down and place on a flat surface.
Assemble the rolls
Roll out dough to a 18 inch by 12 inch rectangle.
Add cranberry filling over the surface of the dough. Leave a small border around all edges.
Roll dough along long side. Pinch edge of dough together to form a seam.
Slice dough into 1 inch slices. Place each slice into a greased baking dish.
Cover dish with plastic wrap and allow rolls to rise for about 30 minutes.
Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.
Allow sweet rolls to cool in pan for about 10 minutes.
Pour glaze over rolls.
- To make ahead of time - Complete recipe steps through slicing and placing in pan. Cover dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. In the morning, remove baking dish from refrigerator and set at room temperature for at least 30 minutes. Bake as directed, increasing baking time up by 10-15 minutes.
- To freeze - Fully bake rolls. Do not add glaze before freezing. Allow rolls to fully cool. Wrap thoroughly to prevent freezer burn. Freeze for up to one month. To use, allow rolls to thaw at room temperature. Once fully thawed, you may warm in a 300 degree oven for 15 minutes or until heated through. Add glaze before serving.
Serving: 1Roll | Calories: 270kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 192mg | Potassium: 96mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 230IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 2mg