Wild Rice Salad
Delicious salad with wild rice, dried cranberries and pecans.
Servings: 10 people
- 1 Tablespoon Orange zest
- ¼ Cup Orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons Apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon Red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Pecans toasted and chopped
- 1 cup Dried cranberries
- 1 cup Green onions chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Parsley chopped
- 1 cup Apple chopped
Place rice and water in a pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cover for 45 minutes.
2 cups Wild rice mix, 3 ½ cups Water
Allow rice to cool to room temperature
Place all dressing ingredients in a mixing bowl
1 Tablespoon Orange zest, ¼ Cup Orange juice, 2 Tablespoons Olive oil, 3 Tablespoons Apple cider vinegar, 2 Tablespoons Honey, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, ½ teaspoon Red pepper flakes, ¼ teaspoon salt
Stir until combined
Place rice, pecans, cranberries, apples, onions, and parsley in a large bowl
1 cup Pecans, 1 cup Dried cranberries, 1 cup Green onions, 1 cup Apple, 2 Tablespoons Parsley
Pour prepared dressing over rice
Stir lightly to combine
Serve at room temperature or cover and refrigerate until ready to served
- To toast pecans - place pecans in a sauté pan over medium heat. Shake the pan to move the pecans around. Cook for 3-4 minutes until you notice pecans are just starting to get a touch more color. Remove from pan to stop the cooking.
- If making ahead of time, it's best to not add the pecans and freshly chopped parsley until just before serving. This helps maintain the crunch of the pecans and the freshness of the parsley.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 272kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 75mg | Potassium: 240mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 228IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 1mg