Delicious oven roasted zucchini filled with panko bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.
Servings: 6 people
- 3 zucchini medium sized
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese for sprinkling on top
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Slice zucchini in half lengthwise, from end to end
Scoop out seeds leaving a channel in center of zucchini
Place zucchini on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil on both sides. Turn zucchini cut side down and roast in 400 degree oven for 6-8 minutes.
While zucchini is cooking, mix together all filling ingredients
Remove zucchini from oven and turn zucchini with cut side facing up
Place filling on each zucchini. Sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese
Return tray to the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes, until filling is golden brown
Serve hot or while still warm. Top with additional freshly chopped parsley.
Tips and variations
Recipe adapted from Ina Garten.
- Select zucchinis similar in size
- For a softer zucchini, cook for an additional 5 minutes
- Use Italian style panko bread crumbs
- Substitute bread crumbs for the panko bread crumbs
- Use fresh thyme or finely chopped fresh rosemary
- Replace the parmesan cheese with finely grated sharp white cheddar cheese
Serving: 1zucchini half | Calories: 124kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 231mg | Potassium: 266mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 246IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 1mg