Black Beans and Rice
Black beans, rice, cilantro and lime juice create a delicious combination.
Servings: 6 people
- 1 cup black beans cooked
- 2 cups brown rice cooked
- 2 tablespoons green onions chopped
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice fresh squeezed
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
Add all ingredients into a bowl. Mix gently so all ingredients are combined.
Cover and refrigerate until serving
Best served at room temperature.
- Use cooked and cooled rice
- Use black beans - homemade or canned. If using canned black beans, rinse and drain beans first. This helps remove the sauce that comes with canned beans.
- Use fresh chopped cilantro. If you aren't a fan of cilantro, you could use fresh chopped parsley.
- Use chopped green onions. You could also use chopped red onions, although they do have a stronger taste.
- Use fresh squeezed lime juice. Store bought lime juice does not have the same taste as fresh squeezed.
- Use approximately 2 tablespoons of lime juice which comes from 1 large lime.
- If you wanted a bit of heat, add half of a finely chopped jalapeno!
Serving: 0.5cup | Calories: 269kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 100mg | Potassium: 271mg | Fiber: 4g | Vitamin A: 30IU | Vitamin C: 1.9mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 1.8mg