Super healthy beet hummus. The color is out of this world!
Servings: 15 people
- 2 medium sized beets cooked, cooled, and chopped
- 1 15 oz can garbanzo beans rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chile powder
Place beets in a food processor. Process until large chunks are broken down. Add beans, tahini and garlic. Process until smooth.
With machine running, pour in olive oil.
Add salt, red pepper flakes, paprika and chile powder.
Remove hummus to a serving bowl. Cover and chill. Best served chilled.
- May substitute can of garbanzo beans for a can of white beans, like cannellini beans.
Calories: 37kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Fat: 3g | Sodium: 88mg | Potassium: 35mg | Vitamin A: 75IU | Vitamin C: 0.6mg | Calcium: 2mg | Iron: 0.1mg