Chipotle Cornbread Muffins
Cornbread muffins with added chipotle peppers.
Servings: 10 muffins
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 2 ½ Tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 Tablespoons melted butter
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 chipotle peppers with adobo sauce
Preheat oven to 375°
In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients.
In a separate bowl, lightly beat eggs. Mix in sugar and butter.
Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients, just mixing until blended.
Fold in chipotle peppers.
Spray muffin tin or line with paper liners. Scoop batter into tin.
Bake in a preheated 375° oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Use fresh baking powder - baking powder can lose its effectiveness and if old, your muffins might not rise properly.
- Fully preheat your oven - I use a separate oven thermometer in my oven to make certain my oven has reached the proper temperature. My preheat light often turns off before the oven has reached full temperature so I always give it extra time.
- Do not overmix batter. Just stir until everything is mixed in. Over stirring can cause tough muffins.
- Use an ice cream scoop for even sized muffins. Plus it makes putting the batter in the tins easy peasy!
Serving: 1muffin | Calories: 216kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 227mg | Potassium: 418mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 268IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 161mg | Iron: 2mg