Heirloom Tomato Salad
Tomato salad made with heirloom tomatoes and fresh basil and topped with a light vinaigrette dressing.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 Cups heirloom cherry tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon ground dried mustard
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 3-4 leaves fresh basil sliced thinly
Slice cherry tomatoes in half lengthwise. Place in a bowl.
Place olive oil, vinegar, dried mustard, thyme, salt and pepper into a jar with a lid. Close lid and shake until well combined.
Pour dressing over tomatoes.
Sprinkle fresh basil over tomatoes.
A few delicious variations and substitutions to this salad include:
- Use all red cherry tomatoes
- Use large tomatoes cut into small wedges
- Add small balls of fresh mozzarella
- Peel and chop a cucumber and add to salad
- Add thinly sliced sweet onions
Serving: 0.5cup | Calories: 78kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 154mg | Potassium: 162mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 384IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 1mg