Turn fresh pears into dehydrated pears. These pear chips make a delicious, healthy snack.
Servings: 10 people
- 10 Pears still slightly green.
Slice pears with skins still on, discard core.
Place on dehydrator trays so the slices are not overlapping.
Dry for 8- 12 hours, depending on your dehydrator.
Store in a food safe container.
- You can use any amount of pears. You are only limited to the amount of drying space you have on your dehydrator.
- It is best to use pears while they are still slightly green.
- Drying times vary, depending on your dehydrator, amount of pears drying, thickness of slices and ripeness of pears.
- Cinnamon and Sugar - Mix a tablespoon of sugar with ½ teaspoon of cinnamon. Sprinkle a light coating on one side of the pears before drying.
- Ginger - Mix a tablespoon of sugar with a ¼ teaspoon of ground ginger. Sprinkle on one side of pears before drying
- Chai Spice - Mix a tablespoon of sugar with a ⅛ teaspoon of ground cinnamon and ⅛ teaspoon of ground cardamon.
- Lemon Juice - Dip pear slices into freshly squeezed lemon juice. Allow excess juice to drip off and then add to the dehydrator.
Serving: 3slices | Calories: 101kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 206mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 45IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1mg