Cranberry Orange Swirl Cookies
Sugar cookie with fresh cranberries and orange peel.
Servings: 50 cookies
- 1 cup butter at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 tablespoon orange peel fresh
- 3 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup cranberries fresh
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon orange peel fresh
For the Dough
In a mixing bowl add butter and sugar and mix until fluffy.
Mix in vanilla, eggs, and orange peel.
Add flour, salt and baking powder. Mix.
When dough is well mixed, remove from bowl and form into two discs.
Wrap each disc in plastic wrap and refrigerate for one hour.
Rolling the Dough
Working with one disc of dough at a time, roll out dough on a lightly floured surface into a 10 x 14" rectangle.
Add half the filling mixture on top of the dough leaving a 1/2" border.
Carefully roll dough into a log.
Place log on a piece of plastic wrap wrap tightly. Place log on a baking sheet.
Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
Refrigerate for 2 hours.
Slicing and Baking
Remove logs from refrigerator and remove plastic wrap.
Slice dough into 1/3 - 1/2 inch slices and place 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
Bake in a 375 degree preheated oven for 10-12 minutes.
Remove from baking sheet and cool on a baking rack.
- Use fresh cranberries and orange peel from a fresh orange.
- Dough may be frozen after formed into logs. Double wrap in plastic wrap and place in a freezer bag. Freeze for up to one month. To use, allow dough to thaw, then slice and bake according to directions.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 88kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 44mg | Potassium: 15mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 115IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 4mg | Iron: 1mg