Honey Lemon Shrimp
Marinated and grilled shrimp with lime, honey, garlic and jalapenos.
Servings: 4 people
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- ½ cup lime juice about 3 limes
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 jalapeno sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
Create the marinade by combining lime juice, rice vinegar, honey, garlic, sliced jalapeno and salt and pepper
½ cup lime juice, ¼ cup rice vinegar, ¼ cup honey, 1 jalapeno, 1 tablespoon garlic, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper
Place cleaned shrimp, with tails left on in a zip top bag. Add the marinade reserving ¼ cup to use for basting.
1 pound shrimp
Place in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes. Turn bag 1-2 times during marinating time. Remove shrimp from marinade and discard marinade.
Skewer shrimp and place on a hot preheated grill. Baste top of shrimp with reserved marinade. Cook for 2-3 minutes over high heat. Flip shrimp and baste with marinade. Cook for 2-3 minutes and remove from heat.
- Prepare your grill - make certain it's scraped, lightly greased with oil and fully preheated. Start your grill on high for at least 10 minutes before adding shrimp.
- Be certain to reserve ¼ cup of marinade for basting shrimp before adding it all to the bag.
- Don't marinate the shrimp for longer than 30 minutes
- Give a quick baste with reserved marinade when you place shrimp on grill
- Shrimp will cook in 2-3 minutes per side depending on the temperature of your grill and the size of your shrimp. My shrimp cooked in about 2 minutes per side.
- Once shrimp have developed a golden color on the first side flip them. Add an additional basting of marinade
- Don't overcook shrimp or they will become tough. Shrimp will continue to cook slightly once removed from the grill.
- When using frozen shrimp, allow shrimp to fully thaw and then rinse in cool water before adding to marinade
Serving: 8shrimp | Calories: 193kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 286mg | Sodium: 1174mg | Potassium: 158mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 54IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 176mg | Iron: 3mg