A tart lemon frozen treat made without any milk or cream. This frozen lemon sorbet is tart and refreshing.
Servings: 10 servings
- 2 ¼ cups water
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 ¾ cups lemon juice fresh squeezed, about 8 lemons
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
Heat water and sugar together until sugar is dissolved. Place in refrigerator until fully chilled.
2 ¼ cups water, 1 ½ cups sugar
Juice and zest lemons. Chill lemon juice in refrigerator.
1 ¾ cups lemon juice, 1 tablespoon lemon zest
Combine chilled sugar water with lemon juice and lemon zest
Pour into frozen ice cream maker bowl
Churn 15-20 minutes until sorbet is frozen and has begun to thicken
Remove sorbet from ice cream maker bowl and place in a freezer safe container
Cover and freeze for 1-2 hours until fully hardened (frozen)
- If you want your sorbet less tart, add ¼ - ½ cup additional sugar
- Make certain ice cream churning bowl is fully frozen. Mine takes 24 hours to fully freeze
- Don't combine sugar water and lemon juice until fully chilled
- To speed up chilling process, place sugar water in a bowl partially submerged in another bowl filled with ice water. Stir sugar water until chilled.
- You'll need to harden (or freeze) the sorbet once finished churning. You can eat right away, but it will be very soft and will melt quickly.
- Once hardened, the sorbet may be difficult to scoop. Let sit at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before scooping.
- Store in freezer in a covered container
Serving: 0.5cup | Calories: 126kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 46mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 31g | Vitamin A: 3IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 1mg