An tangy salad dressing perfect for adding to your favorite lettuce salad.
Servings: 1 cup
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic finely minced, about 1 teaspoon
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon honey optional
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves removed from stem
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
Place all ingredients in a glass jar. Place lid on jar and shake vigorously.
½ cup olive oil, ¼ cup white wine vinegar, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 clove garlic, 2 teaspoons dijon mustard, ½ teaspoon honey, 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, ¼ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper
Taste dressing. Add additional salt, if needed.
- I use a small canning jar with a reusable lid. If you don't have a jar available, the dressing can also be combined in a blender or food processor. You could also whisk your olive oil into the other ingredients.
- Store dressing in the refrigerator. The dressing will thicken when cold. Let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving so the oil will become liquid again.
- I use a bit of honey to help mellow the tangy lemon and vinegar. Adding honey is optional.
- An easy way to remove thyme leaves from the stem is to grab one stem and slide your fingers from the top to the bottom of the stem.
Serving: 2Tablespoons | Calories: 125kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Sodium: 88mg | Potassium: 14mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 25IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 1mg