Southwest Quinoa Salad
Quinoa salad with black beans, corn, tomatoes and bell peppers.
Servings: 8 people
- 1 cup quinoa uncooked
- 1 can black beans (15 oz) rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn thawed
- 1 cup bell peppers chopped
- 4 green onions chopped
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
Place all dressing ingredients into a glass jar with a lid
1 lime, ¼ cup olive oil, 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar, ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes, ¼ teaspoon ground cumin, ¼ teaspoon ground pepper, ¼ teaspoon salt, ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
Shake until well mixed
Cook quinoa according to package directions. Allow quinoa to cool to room temperature and place in a large mixing bowl.
1 cup quinoa
Add beans, tomatoes, corn, peppers, onions and cilantro. Toss lightly.
1 can black beans (15 oz), 1 cup cherry tomatoes, 1 cup frozen corn, 1 cup bell peppers, 4 green onions, 1 cup chopped cilantro
Pour dressing over top of salad. Toss until dressing is well distributed over salad.
Serve right away or cover and refrigerate
Substitutions and Variations:
- Use kidney beans or garbanzo beans instead of the black beans
- Use chopped red onion
- Substitute fresh parsley for the cilantro
- Add finely diced jalapenos
- Add sliced black olives
- Omit any of the salad ingredients you don't have on hand or don't care for
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 222kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 285mg | Potassium: 464mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 899IU | Vitamin C: 35mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 3mg