Green Chili Enchiladas
Enchiladas filled with chicken, cheese and sour cream with a green enchilada sauce.
Servings: 5 people
- 3 cups green enchilada sauce or one 28 ounce can
- 2 cups shredded chicken cooked
- 2 cups colby jack cheese shredded
- 1 cup sour cream
- 10 corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup colby jack cheese for topping
- 1/4 cup finely chopped tomatoes for topping, optional
- 1 tablespoon cilantro for topping, optional
- 2 green onions sliced for topping, optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Lightly spray an 11 x 7 baking dish with a nonstick spray
Heat enchilada sauce in a pan. Pan should be large enough to dip a tortilla into pan.
Combine chicken, cheese and sour cream together in a bowl
Working with one tortilla at a time, dip tortilla into heated sauce and place on a plate.
Place 1/4 cup of filling on top of tortilla.
Roll tortilla up and place in a baking dish, seam side down
Continue with remaining tortillas
Top with remaining green chili sauce and sprinkle with cheese
Bake uncovered in a preheated 350 degree oven for 25 minutes until heated through and cheese slightly browned
Make ahead of time
These enchiladas can be made and baked right away, but you can also make ahead of time. Simply prepare and cover and refrigerate until ready to bake. Increase baking time by 10-15 minutes.
To freeze, prepare and cover and place in freezer. Fully defrost before baking.
- Start with a small amount of sauce on the bottom of the pan.
- Then place one layer of tortillas flat in the dish.
- Add the chicken mixture and a bit more sauce
- Repeat with another full layer.
- Top everything off with more sauce and cheese and bake!
- Use corn or flour tortillas
- Cheddar, Jack or Colby cheese can be used - or use a combination
Serving: 2enchiladas | Calories: 589kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Cholesterol: 122mg | Sodium: 1710mg | Potassium: 393mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 1959IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 506mg | Iron: 3mg