Oven Roasted Tomato Sauce
A rich sauce made from oven roasted tomatoes and oven roasted garlic.
Servings: 5 people
- 2 ½ cups oven roasted tomatoes
- 1 head oven roasted garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano or thyme or basil
- ½ teaspoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
Pl;ace all ingredients in a food processor.
Puree until a smooth consistency,
Taste and add additional brown sugar and salt if needed (see notes)
- The brown sugar helps cut the acidity of the tomatoes. Add up to an additional 1/2 teaspoon if needed.
- Add a pinch more salt if needed.
- Use fresh oregano, thyme or basil in this recipe. You may use a combination of the herbs as well.
- If using dried herbs, just add a pinch. Dried herbs are much stronger than fresh.
- You do not need to peel the oven roasted tomatoes prior to using.
Serving: 0.5cup | Calories: 44kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 434mg | Potassium: 22mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 520IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 1mg