Apple Cider Snickerdoodles
Delicious cookie made with reduced apple cider, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Servings: 6 dozen
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt together in a bowl.
In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar together.
Add eggs and combine.
Slowly drizzle in cooled apple cider and mix until combined.
Stir in flour mixture.
Combine remaining sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl.
Use a cookie scoop to create balls of cookie dough. Place balls in sugar mixture. Roll each ball so it is coated on all sides with sugar.
Place on prepared cookie sheet
Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.
Allow cookies to cool for 2 minutes and then remove to a baking rack to continue cooling.
Tips for making snickerdoodles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Reduce apple cider over medium low heat to avoid scorching the cider.
- Estimate when you think it has reduced to 1/4 cup. Remeasure before adding to dough. If cider has reduced to less than a 1/4 cup, add a bit of undiluted cider to complete measurement.
- Allow reduced cider to cool before adding to cookie dough.
- This dough is very soft. You will need a cookie scoop to form the balls of dough.
- Grease baking sheet or line with parchment paper before adding cookie dough.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 63kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 48mg | Potassium: 26mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 85IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 3mg | Iron: 1mg