Honey Lemon Chicken
Delicious marinated and grilled chicken breast.
Servings: 4 people
- 4 chicken breasts boneless, skinless (about 1 ½ pounds)
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup lemon juice or lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger freshly grated
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
Add all ingredients, except chicken breasts into a glass jar with a lid. Place lid on and shake to combine.
Pour all marinade, except for a ¼ cup, into a zip top bag. Place reserved ¼ cup of marinade in the refrigerator.
Place chicken in bag along with marinade. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 12 hours.
Preheat grill on high for at least 10 minutes. Grill should reach 400-450 degrees. Reduce heat to medium.
Place chicken breasts on grill for 7-8 minutes. Flip and continue cooking for an additional 7-8 minutes. After you've flipped the chicken, brush the top of the chicken breasts with the reserved marinade.
Flip chicken one last time and immediately brush on marinade. Remove chicken and place on a clean plate. Allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
Top with freshly chopped chives or parsley, if desired
Tips for cooking chicken
- Treat raw chicken with care. Avoid cross contamination by only using cutting board and equipment for raw chicken. Wash hands after handling raw chicken. All equipment that has come in contact with raw chicken needs to be washed. before using on other foods.
- Use similar sized pieces of chicken for even cooking times.
- Discard any extra marinade that was in direct contact with raw chicken.
- Make certain chicken is fully cooked through. Internal temperature of chicken should be 165 degrees. If you don't have an instant read thermometer, slice a breast open in the center and check to see if it's cooked through.
- Allow chicken to fully brown before flipping. Do not keep moving chicken on grill.
Serving: 1chicken breast | Calories: 341kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 109mg | Sodium: 1283mg | Potassium: 706mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 125IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1mg