Hash Brown Casserole
Delicious breakfast casserole made with eggs, hash browns, cheese and sausage.
Servings: 9 people
- 1 20 oz bag hash brown potatoes
- 12 eggs
- 16 oz breakfast sausage cooked
- 1 cup red bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 8 oz cheese shredded
Grease a 9 x 13" pan. Place hash brown potatoes in pan
Sprinkle sausage and bell pepper over potatoes
In a bowl, combine eggs, milk, dijon, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper.
Pour egg mixture over ingredients in pan
Sprinkle with cheese
Place in a preheated 375 degree oven for 45 minutes.
Check casserole after 45 minutes. If becoming too brown, cover with foil. Return to oven for an additional 15 minutes.
Let casserole rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley, if desired.
Tips on making hash brown casserole
- You can purchase a 20 oz bag of ready to cook hash brown potatoes or you can make your own
- Use whole milk or 2% milk
- Use a blend of shredded cheese - cheddar and Monterey Jack, or your favorite cheese
- Place casserole dish on a baking sheet when baking. This helps prevent any messy overflow. It also helps prevent the bottom of the casserole from becoming too dark.
- Check casserole after 45 minutes of baking. If becoming too dark on the top, cover with a piece of foil. Return to oven for an additional 15 minutes.
To make ahead
- Place all ingredients in the casserole dish and cover with foil. Refrigerate overnight. Remove from refrigerator at least 30 minutes before baking. Increase baking time by 15 minutes.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 363.01kcal | Carbohydrates: 3.33g | Protein: 22.43g | Fat: 28.37g | Saturated Fat: 12.1g | Cholesterol: 283.7mg | Sodium: 740.18mg | Potassium: 305.96mg | Fiber: 0.49g | Sugar: 2.44g | Vitamin A: 1177.61IU | Vitamin C: 21.49mg | Calcium: 252.81mg | Iron: 1.88mg