Apple tart made with puff pastry crust.
Servings: 9 people
- 1 sheet puff pastry thawed
- 4 apples medium sized
- ½ lemon juiced
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons apricot jam
- 1 teaspoon water
Roll out puff pastry to approximately 12 x 16 inches
1 sheet puff pastry
Place puff pastry on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
Slice apples in half from the stem to the blossom end. Cut out core and squeeze fresh lemon juice over apples to help prevent browning.
4 apples, ½ lemon
Slice apples into ⅛" slices
Arrange apple slices on puff pastry overlapping apples and leaving a ¼" border.
Combine cinnamon and sugar. Sprinkle over apple slices.
3 Tablespoons sugar, ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 40 minutes.
Mix apricot jam and water together in a bowl. Microwave for 15-20 seconds to help thin jam.
2 Tablespoons apricot jam, 1 teaspoon water
Brush jam over top of baked apples and crust.
Slide tart from parchment paper onto a hard, flat surface. Allow tart to fully cool before slicing.
- Make certain oven is fully preheated before baking tart
- Select baking apples similar in size
- Slice apples in consistent slices
- While tart is still warm, slide tart off parchment paper onto a flat surface
- Allow tart to fully cool and slice into pieces with a pizza cutter or a knife
Serving: 1piece | Calories: 220kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 71mg | Potassium: 111mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 53IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1mg