Apricot Sorbet is perfect for a hot summer's day or as a light dessert after dinner anytime of the year. This sorbet is made with just apricots, lemon juice and sugar.
Servings: 8 people
- 2 cups chopped and pitted apricots approximately 8 apricots
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
Place apricots and fresh squeezed lemon juice in a food processor. Process until smooth.
Pour apricot mixture into a fine sieve over a bowl. Use a soup ladle in sieve to help the apricot mixture pass through sieve. Simply rotate the ladle in a circular motion until you are left with a thick pulp. Discard pulp.
In a separate bowl, place hot water. Mix in sugar and stir until all sugar is dissolved. Allow water to cool and add to apricot mixture.
Cover apricot mixture and store in refrigerator until chilled, at least one hour or overnight.
Place apricot mixture into a frozen bowl of an electric ice cream maker.
Churn mixture until it becomes a frozen consistency, approximately 20 minutes. (follow your machines directions for churning)
Remove sorbet from bowl into a freezer safe container. Place in freezer for at least one hour until fully frozen.
- Use fresh apricots and fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Do not peel the apricots
- Make certain your ice cream bowl has been in the freezer for at least 12 hours prior to using
- Chill your mixture prior to adding to ice cream maker
- Sorbet is best if placed in freezer for at least one hour after churning
Serving: 0.5cup | Calories: 116kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 100mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 746IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 1mg