Lemon Sugar Cookies
A soft sugar cookie with a burst of lemon.
Servings: 36 Cookies
- 1 cup butter salted, softened to room temperature
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 ¾ cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Cream butter in a bowl with a mixer
Add sugar and cream together
Add lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla. Mix until combined
Add eggs and combine
Add flour, salt and baking soda. Combine
Use a scoop or a spoon to create balls of dough. Place on a lined baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper. You may also lightly spray cookie sheet instead of lining baking sheet.
Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 10-12 minutes.
Allow cookies to cool slightly (1-2 min) and then remove from baking sheet and place on a cooling rack.
- Use a lightly greased pan or use a silicone baking mat or a piece of parchment paper
- Make certain oven is fully preheated before baking
- Use a cookie scoop to get evenly sized cookies
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 116kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 95mg | Potassium: 15mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 170IU | Vitamin C: 0.7mg | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 0.5mg