Caesar salad with a creamy dressing.
Servings: 6 people
- 2 heads romaine lettuce trimmed and chopped
- ¼ cup creamy Caesar dressing
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- ¼ cup croutons
- ½ lemon optional
Place chopped lettuce in a large bowl.
Drizzle dressing on top. Using two large spoons toss until lettuce is well coated.
Sprinkle on cheese and croutons. Toss again.
Squeeze lemon juice over salad and toss. (lemon juice is optional)
Ingredient amounts vary depending on the size of your heads of lettuce and how much dressing you like on your salad. Adjust to your taste.
Tips for making Caesar Salad
- Cut lettuce into similar sized pieces. I like my cut into 2 inch pieces.
- Use fresh lemon juice - not bottled
- Use shredded or grated Parmesan cheese. Do not use powdered Parmesan that comes in the can. That doesn't work well for this salad
- Choose your favorite croutons - you can use garlic croutons, seasoned croutons, Caesar croutons or make your own
- Use a bowl large enough so you can toss everything around. You want the dressing evenly distributed over every leaf of lettuce.
Calories: 112kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 210mg | Potassium: 527mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 18205IU | Vitamin C: 13.1mg | Calcium: 125mg | Iron: 2.3mg