Homemade pancakes with added cooked quinoa.
Servings: 10 pancakes
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons butter melted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 cup cooked quinoa cooled
In a bowl, whisk together eggs, honey, butter and milk
Whisk in baking powder, salt and flour
Stir in cooked quinoa
Heat a griddle over medium heat. When griddle is hot, spray with cooking spray.
Add approximately ¼ cup of batter to the griddle. The batter should form a 4 inch circle.
Cook for 2-3 minutes until several holes appear on the surface and the bottom is lightly browned. Flip and cook other side.
- Heat griddle over medium low heat before adding pancake batter
- Lightly grease griddle before adding batter
- Watch the top of your pancake. When many holes are covering the surface of the batter, it's time to flip.
- Keep pancakes warm in a 250° oven until ready to serve
Serving: 2pancakes | Calories: 303kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 208mg | Potassium: 434mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 315IU | Calcium: 181mg | Iron: 2.8mg