Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies
Oatmeal cookies with sweetened dried cranberries.
Servings: 36 cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
In a large mixing bowl, cream butter until soft and light. Add brown sugar and continue mixing.
Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Mix well.
Add oats. Mix just until combined.
Fold in dried cranberries.
Form small scoops of cookies. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 8-10 minutes.
Allow cookies to cool for a few minutes on baking sheet and then remove to a baking rack to continue cooling.
- Make certain your butter is at room temperature
- Whip butter before adding any other ingredients
- Mix in brown sugar until smooth and creamy
- Use real vanilla, not imitation
- Use Old Fashioned Oats - not quick cook oats. Old Fashioned Oats are thicker and hold together better in these cookies.
- Add sweetened dried cranberries
Calories: 130kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 97mg | Potassium: 45mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 170IU | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 0.7mg