Banana Walnut Muffins
Banana muffins with chopped walnuts
Servings: 18 muffins
- 2 Cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 Cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 ripe bananas mashed
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Mix flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon and salt together in a large bowl.
In a separate bowl, mix butter, milk, eggs and vanilla together.
Add liquid mixture into dry mixture. Stir just until combined.
Add bananas and walnuts. Stir.
Add batter to sprayed muffins tins (or tins lined with paper liners)
Bake at 375 for 18-20 minutes.
Let cool in tins for 10 minutes, remove from tins and then continue cooling on a baking rack.
- Use ripe bananas, they are easier to mash and they have a sweeter flavor
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl
- Mix butter, milk, eggs and vanilla together in a separate bowl
- Add wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix
- Stir in mashed bananas
- Stir in walnuts
- Use an ice cream scoop to get consistent sized muffins
- Bake in a muffin tin with paper liners or spray tin to use without liners.
Calories: 177kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 65mg | Potassium: 196mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 130IU | Vitamin C: 1.8mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 1mg