Blueberry Lemon Bread
Moist and delicious loaf of quick bread loaded with blueberries and fresh lemon flavor.
Servings: 1 loaf
- 1/4 Cup butter melted
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup blueberries
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray a loaf pan with a non-stick spray.
In a mixing bowl combine butter and sugar.
Add milk, eggs, lemon zest and lemon juice. Mix until combined.
Add flour. baking powder and salt. Mix until combined.
With a spatula gently fold blueberries into mixture.
Pour mixture into prepared loaf pan.
Bake at 350 for 60 minutes.
Remove from oven and let cool in pan on a cooling rack for 15 minutes.
Carefully remove from pan and continue cooling on rack.
Follow instructions above for making bread batter.
Place batter in two greased mini loaf pans.
Bake for 45-50 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven.
- Can use fresh or frozen blueberries.
- If adding frozen, do not thaw before adding.
- Cooking time will increase by about 10 minutes when using frozen berries.
Tips for making quick bread
Calories are based on a regular loaf (not mini) sliced into 10 slices.
- Do not overmix batter
- Bake in a fully preheated oven
- Test bread for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center of the loaf. If toothpick comes out with just a few crumbs, bread is cooked through. If toothpick comes out with wet crumbs or batter, the bread needs to cook longer
- Allow bread to fully cool before slicing
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 231kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 46mg | Sodium: 118mg | Potassium: 151mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 217IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 2mg