Homemade cherry pie filling
cherry pie filling, homemade cherry pie filling, sweet cherry pie filling
Servings: 8 Servings
Calories: 198 kcal
or about 4 cups pitted cherries
Wash and pit cherries
Put all ingredients into a sauce pan over medium heat.
Stir until sugar and corn starch are dissolved.
Bring mixture to a simmer. Stir often to prevent scorching.
When mixture thickens, turn heat off and let cool
1. You can use sour or sweet cherries
2. Adjust the sugar for sweet cherries to approx. 2/3 cup.
3. If using sour cherries, start with 1 cup sugar. Add a 1/4 more if you like it sweeter.
4. Filling can be made ahead of time and stored in refrigerator.
Cherry Pie Filling
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value*
Total Carbohydrates 50g
Dietary Fiber 2g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.