Maple Pecan Granola
Homemade granola flavored with maple syrup.
Servings: 5 cups
Pour oats and pecans into a large bowl.
In a smaller bowl, add oil and maple syrup.
Microwave syrup mixture for 30-45 seconds, just until warmed.
Pour syrup mixture over oats.
Pour oats onto a large greased baking sheet.
Bake at 300 degrees for 45-60 minutes stirring every 15 minutes.
Tips for Making Granola
- Use Old Fashioned Oatmeal, or thick Oats. It is a bit thicker and heartier than quick cooking versions.
- Use a large bowl to combine all ingredients
- Cook at a low temperature
- Stir granola every 15 minutes to avoid burning
- Let fully cool before storing
- Store granola in glass containers or in an airtight container.
Serving: 0.5cup | Calories: 291kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 202mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 8IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 2mg