Crispy wonton wrappers baked and filled with cheese and jelly.
Servings: 12 people
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 2 oz smoked gouda cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup pepper jelly or fig jam
Place wonton wrappers in small muffin tin. Spray top of wrappers with a non-stick spray to help crisp the wrapper. When placing wrapper, carefully push wrapper all the way to the bottom. The sides will fold and form pleats. Be careful not to poke a hole in the bottom or sides.
Bake wrappers in a 350 degree oven for 8-10 minutes until golden
Remove from oven and allow wrappers to cool for a few minutes.
If making ahead of time, remove cups and allow to fully cool and then place in an airtight container.
Fill wonton cups, while still in muffin tin, with a small cube of cheese and top with 1 teaspoon pepper jelly or fig jam.
Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
Remove and place on a serving dish.
Serve hot or at room temperature.
Tips for making wonton cups
- Use a mini muffin tin to help form the shape of the cups
- Use Gouda, Smoked Gouda, Monterey Jack or other mild cheese
- Use pepper jelly or fig jam or half of each
- Can be served warm or at room temperature
Serving: 2wonton cups | Calories: 100kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 129mg | Potassium: 29mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 27IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 1mg