Pasta and Pea Salad is a simple, light, and refreshing salad with peas, pasta, and lemon. This vegan pasta salad is perfect for a potluck or a family luncheon.
My cousin is visiting for a few days. I told her I wanted a recipe for pasta salad. She said she makes a great Pasta and Pea Salad.
Delicious pasta salad
Her method of cooking is to throw in a little of this and a little of that. No recipes are needed and her food is always amazing. We adjusted to the ingredients we had on hand and measured everything so I could share her recipe!
This Pasta and Pea Salad is definitely a winner! It's light, tasty, and easy to make!
Ingredients for pasta and pea salad
- macaroni pasta
- lemon zest
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
Fresh or Frozen Peas?
The peas are the star of this dish. We used frozen peas because that's what we had on hand. Frozen peas have an amazingly great taste and were great in this salad.
Other Great Salads to Try
- Oriental Chicken Salad
- Heirloom Tomato Salad
- Tuna Cobb Salad
- Pear and Blue Cheese Salad
- Couscous Salad
- Thai Pasta Salad
- Panzanella Salad
- Italian Pasta Salad
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment below and snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @beyondthechickencoop
Check out all my salad recipes!
Pasta and Pea Salad
- 8 oz salad macaroni pasta
- 16 oz peas (frozen)
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 teaspoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- 2 Tablespoons shallots (minced)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cool water. Add pasta to a large bowl.8 oz salad macaroni pasta
- Add peas, lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, chives, shallots, garlic and salt and pepper.16 oz peas, ½ teaspoon lemon zest, 4 teaspoons fresh squeezed lemon juice, ¼ cup olive oil, ¼ cup chopped chives, 2 Tablespoons shallots, 1 garlic clove, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper
- Stir gently until all ingredients are incorporated.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and should only be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. To obtain the most precise nutritional information in a provided recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the exact ingredients you are using when preparing the recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.