Perfectly cooked eggs in the Instant Pot. These eggs come out perfectly cooked and easy to peel. No more struggling to get bits of shell off the egg.
Hard boiled eggs are such a simple food. But sometimes the simplest of foods can be the most difficult to perfect. Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs makes my life a little easier and my eggs absolutely foolproof.
We raise our own chickens and always have a surplus of eggs. One of the most difficult challenges with farm fresh eggs is getting the peel to just slide off when making hard boiled eggs. I have a previous recipe for hard boiled eggs using a stove top method. That was my go-to method for years. Now I am going to use my Instant Pot whenever possible. I will still use the stove top method when I don’t have my Instant Pot available.
How to make Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
- Use an Instant Pot
- Use the rack that came with your Instant Pot
- Place 1 cup of water in the bottom
- Arrange eggs on rack
- Close lid
- Pressure cook on low pressure for 5 minutes
- Use natural release
- Remove from pot when cool enough to handle
Tips for making Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
- Select eggs of similar size. This isn’t a problem if you are using store bought eggs, but our farm fresh eggs are all different sizes.
- Make certain there aren’t any cracks in eggs
- Carefully arrange eggs on rack
How can you tell if an egg is hard cooked?
You can’t differentiate between a hard cooked egg and a raw egg by looking at them. And if you don’t do something you will be playing egg roulette when you go to grab an egg. My method works every single time – as long as you remember to do it! Before storing hard cooked eggs, mark the top of the eggs with a permanent marker. That’s it! Just place a simple mark on the top of the egg.
It’s super simple, but you’ll never be confused again. If you forget to mark your eggs, you could try this spinning method.
How to use hard boiled eggs
Hard boiled eggs can be peeled and eaten whole with a bit of salt and pepper. They can also be used in a Cobb Salad, Deviled Eggs Egg Salad, or Potato Salad. At Easter time you can also turn hard boiled eggs into Easter Eggs.
Don’t forget to PIN for later!
Did you make these hard boiled eggs? I’d love to hear from you! Leave me a comment below or take a picture and tag me on Instagram @beyondthechickencoop
Check out all my Instant Pot recipes.
Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
- 1 cup water
- 12 eggs
- Place water in bottom of Instant Pot container.
- Place rack on bottom of container. Carefully arrange eggs on rack.
- Place lid on Instant Pot. Push Pressure Cook, low and set time for 5 minutes.
- Instant Pot will begin heating up and will seal once it reaches pressures. Timer will begin once pressurized. When time is up, allow pot to depressurize naturally. Remove lid