You can’t help think about deviled eggs around Easter time. How else are you going to use up all those hard boiled eggs? We do eat deviled eggs throughout the year, not just at Easter time, but they are always made this time of year. This time I decided to change up my traditional version and made healthy deviled eggs!
Instead of making these eggs with mayonnaise, I used plain Greek yogurt. The taste is still amazing, but by adding Greek yogurt, there is less fat, fewer calories, and more protein! I love substituting an ingredient that is healthier and no one can tell the difference! I also used creamed horseradish. Horseradish can add a lot of kick, but these just seem to have a hint of heat. When you bite into one of these deviled eggs, you don’t recognize that there is horseradish inside. Instead, you think….”Hmmmm…What is that flavor?”
This dish can be made ahead of time, but are best used the same day they are made. If pre-making, cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
What is your favorite way to use up all those hard boiled eggs?
Need some tips on hard boiling your eggs? Check out How to Boil Eggs.
Deviled eggs made with yogurt.
- 8 hard boiled eggs , peeled and halved
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon creamed horseradish
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
- freshly ground black pepper
- Chives , for garnish
- Remove yolks from whites. Put in food processor.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Taste. Add additional salt, pepper, or more horseradish (if you like it a bit spicier!)
- Scoop filling into egg halves, using either a spoon or a pastry bag.
- Garnish with freshly chopped chives.
This makes a very creamy egg filling. If you like your filling a bit stiffer, use less yogurt.