Baked Brie with cranberries is a perfect appetizer for the holiday season made with brie, cranberry sauce and puff pastry.
The time between Thanksgiving and New Years is party season. There are so many celebrations and holiday parties. This baked brie with cranberries is perfect for a casual get-together or something a bit fancier.
The best part about this baked brie, besides tasting fabulous, it looks amazing! Your guests will be so impressed with the beauty, the taste, and your culinary skills!
Keep it a secret that it was easy to create! There's no reason to tell anyone! They will just think you are a true genius in the kitchen - and you are!
What is baked brie?
This baked brie is a round of brie topped with whole berry cranberry sauce. The brie and cranberries are wrapped in puff pastry and baked.
What do I need to make Baked Brie with Cranberries?
I used frozen puff pastry for this appetizer, but you could also use my homemade easy puff pastry dough. You will also need an 8 ounce round of brie and some cranberry sauce. The whole berry sauce works best and you can make your own, use leftovers from Thanksgiving or buy a can of whole berry sauce.
How do I make Baked Brie?
- If using frozen puff pastry dough, allow dough to thaw.
- Unwrap the brie. There's no need to cut off the outer layer on the brie. It is totally edible.
- Roll out puff pastry dough and trim corners.
- Place brie in center of puff pastry.
- Add cranberry sauce. I used my homemade cranberry sauce, but any type will do. Drain any excess liquid from sauce.
- Wrap puff pastry around brie, folding sides in. Where dough overlaps, use a bit of egg wash to help hold dough together.
- Add decorative cut out puff pastry to the top. I used a small leaf cookie cutter and cut our several leaves with the scraps from the corners that I cut off. Brush the bottom of leaves to stick to pastry.
- Use egg wash to brush pastry.
- Bake until golden brown. The baked brie is best served warm.
How do I serve baked brie?
I like to serve the warm brie on a plate with a knife and allow guests to serve themselves. I serve crackers, crispy melba toast, toasted french bread, thinly sliced apples along with the brie.
Can I make this ahead of time?
This appetizer is best baked and served right away.
Other great appetizers
- Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- Wonton Cups
- Boursin Cheese
- Homemade Crackers
- Puff Pastry Straws
- Baked Goat Cheese
Don't Forget to PIN for later!
This recipe was originally published in November of 2015. The recipe and pictures have been updated.
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment below and snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @beyondthechickencoop
Check out all my appetizer recipes!
Baked Brie with Cranberries
- 1 sheet puff pastry (thawed)
- 1 8 oz brie
- ⅓ cup whole cranberry sauce (excess juice drained off)
- 1 whole egg
- 1 Tablespoon water
- Roll puff pastry out, thinning out just slightly.
- Cut off corners so corners are rounded.
- Place brie in center of pastry. Add cranberry sauce on top of brie.
- Fold pastry up around brie.
- Mix egg and water together in a small bowl.
- Using a pastry brush, brush entire outside surface of brie with egg mixture.
- Add decorative pieces of pastry, if desired.
- Bake on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper in a 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Best served warm.
- Serve with crackers or bread slices.